Showering is a great way to relax and get clean. Because of this, many people enjoy using their phones in the shower. It might be a wonderful method to stay in touch with friends and family, listen to music, or even catch up on the news.
According to the report of the National Health Service, UK, more than one in three of us spend our time in the shower on the phone. And this number is growing every day.
But, it is really safe to use your phone in the shower? Electronic items and water don’t usually mix well. In fact, phones are one of the top items that people drop in the toilet. So using your phone in the shower can also be a dangerous activity.
This post will go through seven easy methods for using your phone in the shower, including Bluetooth shower speakers and waterproof phone covers. While having a relaxing shower, you may use these gadgets to keep connected and enjoy your favorite media.
So, Let’s Get Started.
Table of Contents
Some Of The Dangers Of Using Your Phone In The Shower
You may not think that using your phone in the shower is a big deal, but there are actually some dangers associated with it. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Water and electricity don’t mix. If you drop your phone in the water while it’s plugged in, you could get electrocuted. Because water conducts electricity, it can be a very dangerous combination. It’s best to just avoid using your phone in the shower altogether.
- Your phone could slip and fall. You might think that you have a good grip on your phone, but if it’s wet and slippery, it could easily slip out of your hand and fall onto the hard surface of the tub or shower. This could damage your phone, and it could also be dangerous for you if you were to fall and hurt yourself.
- Water can damage your phone. Even if you don’t drop it in the water, simply exposing it to the moisture in the air can damage it over time. Water can corrode the circuitry and cause your phone to short out or stop working altogether. But even if it doesn’t stop working, water can cause your phone to develop problems down the line.
- Distraction: Using your phone while in the shower might be disorienting and cause you to pay less attention and react more slowly. Accidents like spilling things or toppling bottles may happen from this.
It’s advisable to minimize phone use in the shower or find other ways to stay connected while showering in order to prevent these risks. Consider utilizing a waterproof Bluetooth speaker, as an illustration, or keeping your phone outside the shower entirely.
How To Use Your Phone In The Shower: 7 Effective Ways
We all know how frustrating it is to get soap in our eyes while showering, and sometimes we even drop our phones in the process. So, what can we do to avoid this? Here are 7 effective ways to use your phone in the shower without getting soap in your eyes or dropping it:
1. Put Your Phone In A Ziploc Bag To Keep It Dry
A Ziploc bag is a type of plastic bag that is made to be airtight and waterproof. This makes it the perfect option for keeping your phone safe and dry while showering.
Simply put your phone in the bag and seal it shut before bringing it into the shower with you. Because the bag is airtight, water will not be able to get inside and damage your phone.
It is important to make sure that the bag is large enough to fit your phone so that you can still use it while it is inside. But, if you are worried about the bag is too large, you can always get a smaller one.
However, it is important to note that while this method will protect your phone from water, it will not protect it from soap. So, if you are planning on using your phone in the shower to listen to music or something, make sure you will not get any soap on it.
2. Use a Waterproof Fabric Shower Curtain or Liner With Different Mesh Pockets
A waterproof fabric shower curtain or liner is a type of fabric that is designed to be used in showers and bathrooms. It is made of a waterproof material that helps protect against water damage.
This type of fabric also typically features a mesh pocket on the top, which can be used to store your phone while you shower. Because the pocket is made of mesh, soap, and water will not be able to enter, making it the perfect place to keep your phone safe.
So you don’t have to worry about them mildewing or getting moldy. This way, they’ll be within easy reach while you’re in the shower. It is important to note that not all waterproof fabric shower curtains or liners are created equal.
Some are made with cheaper materials that are not as effective at keeping water out. When purchasing a waterproof fabric shower curtain or liner, be sure to select one that is made with high-quality materials.
3. Splash Guards Or Suction Cups To Keep Your Phone Away From The Spray
Splash guards or suction cups are devices that help keep your phone away from the spray while showering. Splash guards are typically made of rubber or silicone and fit over the top of your phone.
While suction cups attach to the back of your phone and suction to the wall or shower surface. Because they keep your phone away from the spray of water, they help to prevent soap from getting in your eyes and reduce the risk of dropping your phone.
It’s important to choose a splash guard or suction cup that is compatible with your particular phone model, as some may not fit correctly or may not stay in place.
However, if you don’t have a splash guard or suction cup, there are still other ways to keep your phone safe and soap-free while showering.
4. Hang a Water-Repellent Fabric Shower Curtain On The Outside Of The Shower
A shower curtain is a piece of fabric that is hung in a shower or bathtub to keep the water from splashing out. A water-repellent shower curtain is a type of shower curtain that is designed to repel water.
Making it less likely for the water to splash out of the shower or bathtub. Because water-repellent shower curtains are made of fabric, they can be hung on the outside of the shower or bathtub to keep the water from splashing onto the floor or into the bathroom.
But, if you don’t want to use a shower curtain, you can also use a towel or a piece of plastic to keep the water from splashing out of the shower or bathtub.
However, it is important to note that water-repellent shower curtains are not waterproof and should not be used as a substitute for a shower door or shower curtain liner.
5. Use Waterproof Adhesive Hooks To Keep Your Phone Away From The Water
Waterproof adhesive hooks are a great way to keep your phone away from the water while showering. They are made of a waterproof adhesive that will stick to most surfaces, including tile and glass.
Simply attach the hooks to the wall or shower curtain and hang your phone on them. This will help keep it out of the water and safe from getting wet. Because they are waterproof, you can also use them to hang other items like your towel or washcloth.
As an added bonus, they are also great for keeping your phone within reach while showering. But be careful not to place them too close to the shower head, as this could cause water to splash onto your phone.
However, you should still be careful with your phone and not use it in excessively wet areas. If you are using your phone in the shower, make sure to keep it away from the spray of water.
6. Have Universal Waterproof Pouch For Your iPhone and Android
A Universal Waterproof Pouch is a pouch that can be used to protect your phone from water damage. It is typically made from waterproof materials and allows you to use your phone while it is in the pouch.
This is a great option if you want to keep your phone protected from water damage while using it in the shower. Because the pouch is typically transparent, you will still be able to see your phone’s screen and use it as normal.
It is important to make sure that the pouch you choose is big enough to fit your phone and has a secure closure.
However, it is also important to note that not all waterproof pouches are created equal. Some only protect against water damage, while others also protect against drops and other impacts.
7. Make Your Mobile Phone Water And Vapor Proof To Use In The Shower
There are many ways to make your mobile phone water and vapor-proof. You can buy a special case that is made for showering with your phone, or you can make your own case using materials that you have around the house.
Because most phones are not water-resistant, it is important to take extra care when using them in the shower. It is also important to make sure that the case you use is durable and will not break easily.
But vapor-proofing your phone will protect it from the steam in the shower and will make it easier to see the screen.
However, please keep in mind that even if your phone is water and vapor-proof, it is still vulnerable to dropping and breaking. So, be extra careful!
Tips For Using Your Phone In The Shower
If you’re like most people, you probably take your phone with you everywhere you go. That includes the shower. While it’s not necessarily the best idea to take your phone into the shower with you, there are ways to make it work if you absolutely must. Here are a few tips for using your phone in the shower:
- If you’re going to use your phone in the shower, make sure it’s in a waterproof case. This will help protect it from water damage.
- You might also want to consider getting a waterproof Bluetooth speaker so you can listen to music or podcasts while you shower.
- Make sure your hands are clean before you handle your phone. Water and soap can damage your phone’s screen.
- Avoid using your phone in extremely hot or cold temperatures. This can damage the internal components of your phone.
- If you follow these tips, you should be able to use your phone in the shower without any problems. Just remember to be careful and take precautions to protect your phone from water damage.
- Keep Your Phone Safe: To prevent it from falling or becoming damaged, put your phone in a safe spot in the shower, such as a soap dish or caddy.
- Limit Your Use: It shouldn’t become a habit to use your phone when you’re in the shower. Prioritize your safety and well-being and try to keep your phone use to brief intervals.
Wrap-Up On How To Use Your Phone In The Shower
Smartphones are an essential part of our lives, but they can also be dangerous when used in the shower. We’ve shared a few tips on how to use your phone in the shower without worrying about it getting wet or damaged.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be able to take calls, listen to music, or watch your favorite show while you get clean.
However, there are some dangers associated with using your phone in the shower that you should be aware of.
By following our tips for using your phone in the shower, you can stay safe while still enjoying all of the benefits this activity has to offer. How do you use your phone in the shower? Let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: 7 Ways On How To Use Your Phone In The Shower
People have many questions about using their phones in the shower. So here I am giving answers to some important questions.
Q1. Do you think that people should be allowed to use their phones in the shower?
Ans: It ultimately depends on the individual and how they would feel comfortable using their phone in the shower. There are a few ways to use your phone in the shower, but it is ultimately up to the person to decide if they think it is a good idea or not.
Q2. What happens if you drop your phone in the water?
Ans: There are a few things that can happen if you drop your phone in the water. The first is that the phone could short circuit, which would damage the phone and possibly render it unusable. The second is that the water could damage the phone’s internals, which would also lead to a decrease in the phone’s functionality.
Q3. Is it okay to use the speakerphone in the shower?
Ans: While there is no specific rule against using the speakerphone in the shower, it is generally not recommended. The main reason for this is that the speakerphone can cause the phone to become wet, which can damage the phone.
Q4. Can I charge my phone while using it in the shower?
Ans: No, never use your phone while it is charging in the shower. Electric shock can occur if water comes into touch with exposed wires or circuits because water conducts electricity.