It was already frustrating to lock ourselves in a house or room but unfortunately, this is the case in this COVID-19 where I am working day and night from Home.
Earlier, I have never noticed any stomping noise that was coming from the upstairs neighbor, but after working from home, I felt this is the most annoying noise, breaking my peace and joy.
That’s why this is necessary to overcome noise and most importantly the stomping noise which is coming from the upstairs neighbors.
If you are reading this guide, then you are looking for a closely similar problem solution. That’s why I have given 8 effective ways on how you can deal with your upstairs neighbors stomping.
Additionally, I have also given 6 tips on How to Revenge Noisy Upstairs Neighbors Stomping? This is going to be very interesting so don’t miss any point!.
After trying hundreds of ways, my neighbors aren’t stopping their stomping noise, How rude are your neighbors? I can hear every step of the upstairs neighbor, just walking like an elephant.
Well, I have listed all the ways including legal ways on how to tackle your annoying neighbor.
Look at some of the surprising stats:
According to the “Gallup News” more than 56% of Americans started working from home after covid-19. Moreover, 25% of them always have to work from home.
Most companies such as Microsoft, let their employees work permanently from home.
So this is very important to keep your place peaceful but your neighbors don’t understand your situation. So what to do?
Let’s jump onto those 8 ways, that will help you on how to stop upstairs neighbors from stomping.
8 Ways How to Deal Upstairs Neighbors From Stomping
We are going to discuss every possible way that you can try and get rid of those annoying upstairs neighbors. I have tried hundreds of ways and some of them work very well.
So that I have compiled those working ways in this single guide to help you.
1. Ask Your Upstairs Neighbors to Stop Stomping
This is the most reliable and easy way to talk to your upstairs neighbor and explain your problem that their noise, negatively impacted your work and life as well.
Ask them they also have never been disturbed by you so they may decrease the noise volume. Trust me if they are a good neighbor then they may feel very bad for their actions and you probably will not get disturbed by them ever.
Building a relationship is always the best way to make things easy. If you don’t want to talk to them first, then you should write a friendly note and explain your situation in the latter.
I am pretty sure they will feel sorry. But You may be distributed on a couple of occasions so be patient. I know that’s fine for you. Every time going with a bad attitude this is great and this also makes things worse.
2. Compromise With Your Neighbors
Now, you have to build a relationship with your neighbors, you have talked to them. I know that what they told you ” how do I always stop producing any noise“?
They are right even if you also can’t always stop producing any noise. They have their routines such as workout-routine, watching TV, playing music, and so on. How can they manage all of these things?
This is very simple to discuss and set certain hours that would be the best time for playing any kind of loud music, work-out, or watching TV.
Don’t forget to ask for some favor in return, because compromise is all about giving something in return.
This is normally no one will do anything for others without getting something in return. But this will help both of you, you will get noise-free hours to make your work done or sleep properly.
In-return your neighbor will get something from you. This is the way that you can down the stomping noise of your neighbor.
3. Bear The Stomping Noise Of Your Neighbors
In most cases, neighbors are unwilling to change their routine time. There are two reasons behind it, the first one is they can’t change it, and second they don’t want to change it.
In the first situation, they and you don’t have any choice. For example: if he/she is a musician or in a rock band that has their fixed time to practice so they can’t change it. How can you change your work hours? This also isn’t possible.
Don’t worry I have a solution for you that will help you in this situation. You can use noise-canceling headphones that will stop every irritating noise outside your ear and you can do your work properly.
But I have a question for you, which type of headphones work best in this situation active vs passive headphones? Confused, let me clarify.
Difference Between Active Headphones vs Passive Headphones
Usually, every noise-canceling headphones are passive headphones whether they are made from foam or plastic. This will add more insulation by covering more areas around your ear.
But passive headphones are more likely to stop 15 to 20 decibels of noise, is this the noise level that your neighbors are producing? I think no, this is much louder than that. So passive headphones are not good for this situation.
Active headphones are the same as passive headphones but it has some additional insulation mechanism that will help you to overcome your neighbors stomping noise. How active headphones work? So it produces its own soundwaves to reduce the outer noise as well, this works well in this situation and you can also try this.
Still, confused!? I have explained this topic earlier so you can check it and you will understand it much deeper.
4. Soundproof Your Working Space Or Apartment
What you can do when your upstairs neighbors are stomping at night? How do you handle it, and how you sleep properly while in this hilarious noise?
No one can sleep, that’s why you need to soundproof your house from your noisy neighbors.
Only soundproofing your ceiling does not provide you better insulation because sound waves are a free thing so this will come from other sources as well such as walls and floor.
You have to soundproof your whole apartment. I know this is much expensive but you don’t have any choice because wearing heavy headphones is not a better idea. These are some of the best ways to soundproof your apartment cheaply.
- Soundproofing Paint is the first thing that you should use before using anything else. Do you know that soundproof paint also exists? Yes, It exists and some of the peaceful persons also use them to stop unwanted irritating outer noise.
- Use acoustic sealant in the gaps and cracks so the noise can’t come into your apartment. This sealant plays a very important role in soundproofing.
- Then use acoustic panels to your ceiling and walls to block every outside noise whether it is coming from your neighbors or others. This will definitely reduce the sound level in your apartment. Installation is even very easy but makes your foam purchase choice wisely.
- After that now this is a time of soundproofing your curtains, you can try this in your apartment. This will help you to reduce the noise level coming from the outside but this is not the only way to soundproof your window you can also try other ways.
- Now the last thing is soundproofing your doors that will complete the process of soundproofing your apartment. This is how you can block out your neighbor’s noise.
5. Complain To The Management
If you tried all the above ways but you have not got any positive result yet then speaking to the management may be the better option.
Involve the management and explain your situation to them that you are working from home. That’s why you are busy from 9 am to 5 pm or 10 pm to 7 am.
Especially, ask your landlord to handle that psycho in your upstairs apartment.
However, after trying this option noise may stop but this is the alarm of waging war between you and your neighbor. “Everything is fair in love and war”.
Have you remembered this quote then you probably know that your neighbor may do other things to annoy you? I know that you don’t have any choice to sort out this problem.
6. Call The Cops And Give Them Warning
This is the starting of legal action against your neighbor. If your neighbor isn’t stop producing loud stomping noise during your working or sleeping hours.
Then you call the local police and explain your situation to them. I am pretty sure they will definitely ask them to be quiet.
In most of the cases, neighbors compile with the warning of police but even after they don’t stop their hilarious stomping noise. Then they will be served a fine.
If your neighbor is a family person then he will not do this again. So You can complete your work and sleep well without any noise that disturbs you.
This is the way that you can stop your neighbor from making noise in the apartment.
7. File A Legal Action Against Your Upstair Neighbor
According to findlaw.com, if your neighbor produces any louder noise beyond your tolerance level, then you have the right to file a legal complaint against your upstairs neighbor in court, and they will be charged from $2500 to $7500.
In general, you can sue your neighbor in 2 different ways, the first one you can file a lawsuit in a small claims court if you want money in favor of your damages.
Secondly, if you want to sue your neighbor directly from the judgment of the judge then you can file a lawsuit in a regular civil court.
But in order to win your case in a small claim court or civil court then you need any evidence that proves that you have been disturbed by your upstairs neighbor.
How can you prove that? This is very simple: take note, record video or audio whenever you are disturbed by your psycho upstairs neighbor.
But you have to do this before involving any enforcement because you need solid proof of that. If you record after happening this then you will not win the match.
When you decide to claim your damage so just start recording their disturbing noises. This is the right way that you can sue your upstairs neighbor for their irritating noise.
8. Move Forward To The Next Peaceful Place
If you have tried every way to convince your neighbor not to produce a louder notice. But they won’t stop at all and you don’t want to start a war between you and your neighbor.
Then this is the better way to get rid of every disturbing noise. What you need, just ask your landlord to complete all of the legal documents and you are free to go to any peaceful apartment.
Wait if you are owning that apartment then what you should do? Just skip this step and file legal action against your neighbor. If you are living as a rental then this is the way for you.
Give me an answer, what you will do when your next apartment is also a house of lounder monsters? This is very simple: just evaluate your new apartment before proceeding further.
How can you evaluate your new apartment?
This is very easy, just follow all these steps and you find that you are in a good space. Because I have provided some of my own and well-researched information that will not disappoint you.
- Ask your builder how they use STC and IIC design criteria to reduce the impact of the sound in the whole building.
- Analysis of the sound transmission in the apartment by your own mathematics will give you a clear idea about your apartment walls, floor, and ceiling block the sound travel.
- This is exciting, call your friend and impact on the floor above so that you will get to know that this apartment ceiling is capable of absorbing noise or not.
- You need to check carefully all the doors, whether doors can seal all the outer noise or not.
- Check the surface of the above apartment, is the surface harder, if yes then this is not the right choice because sound transmission increases on the harder surface. But you can convince your landlord to use a soft surface mat for lower sound transmission.
- Believe in yourself, analyze the whole apartment, everything that may create problems in the future.
- The best thing is if possible then select the top floor in the apartment so that you will not be disturbed by any upstairs neighbor.
This thing needs a lot of investment so make sure you are comfortable with it. Moreover, I have provided 8 ways how you can deal with your upstairs neighbors stomping.
How to Revenge Noisy Upstairs Neighbors Stomping (6 Tips)
You have suffered a lot such as sacrificing your sleep, work, peace, enjoyment, and so on. Now, this is the right time to take revenge to your upstairs neighbor.
Now, they have to pay for everything that they have done to disturb you. How to annoy upstairs neighbors? Very simple, these are some of the creative and enjoyment tips that you can try to stick back to them.
- The first thing is to do the same thing with them such as playing guitar, barking at your dog, watching TV at a higher volume, dance party at midnight, and so on. This will definitely help you take revenge on them.
- Turn your sports passion into possession, remember how they disturb you by playing sport into their house. Now, this is your time to just play your favorite sport in your house. Make sure not to break anything otherwise, you will feel guilty.
- Do you have ink or any creepy color that makes their door messy? If yes then you can try things to decorate their apartment door from the creepy color that you have. I have also tried this, but make sure nobody sees you. Otherwise, your neighbor will sue you.
- A loud walking upstairs neighbor, what to do? Then You should try vaseline jelly on your noisy upstairs neighbor doorknob. But make sure to check any hidden camera first otherwise you will be busted immediately.
- Is your upstairs neighbor walking like an elephant? Do you want to realize them as you hear every footstep of your neighbor? Then you can use a ceiling vibrator in this situation. This vibrator produces vibration on your ceiling so that your neighbor will feel the same.
- This is the best thing to take revenge on, just knock on your upstairs neighbor’s door at odd hours such as at night, early morning, and evening.
Do you want to do any silly thing with your neighbor then you should watch this video? In this video, Ryan & David have made a tool to take reasonable revenge from their upstairs neighbors.
My View How You Can Deal With Your Upstair Neighbors Stomping
I know having a bad neighbor will ruin everything in your living space. I have faced this situation before but now I am free, How?
Because I have changed my apartment and now I am living on a top floor in the new apartment so no one can disturb my space.
You can try all of the options that I have provided to diffuse the frustrating noise coming from the upstairs. Additionally, I have also added some ways to take revenge on your upstairs neighbors so that you feel satisfied.
Make sure to use them carefully otherwise you will be busted but I think your upstairs neighbors are stomping on purpose.
If you don’t want to create any hostility from your neighbors then you can soundproof your apartment, if you have some money.
However, if you don’t have much money to invest right now then you can use these 14 soundproofing materials that will help you to soundproof your apartment.
If you need any help or any doubt then you can ask in the comment section. I will try my best to give you an appropriate answer as soon as possible.